Getting Started with Course Selection
Kia ora whanau,
This is School point. This website enables students select their course options in Years 11 / 12 / 13.
This is a very important decision as what you study today can open up doors in the future.
We have our Course Information Evening on the 8th September from 6-8pm. We encourage all Year 10-12 students to attend with their whanau and discuss options with teachers.
Steps you need to take after you have had a look around and started to decide what courses you might want to choose:
1. Select "Recommended Courses" from the left hand side.
2. Select your compulsory subjects first. If you try and select other courses first it wont let you.
3. Keep on selecting subjects until you have filled up the required amount of courses. There is a list on the right hand of the page to show what you have selected or you can click "My Selected Courses" from the left hand side of the page.
4. You also need to select 2 back up courses in case you original courses cant go ahead for some reason.
If you have any questions at all, please look at the 'Useful Information' Section on the left hand side (most of this is quite generic and not specifically about BVC) or speak to Mr Darling, Mrs Lefaoseu (Gina), Mr Knipping or Mr Theobald as well as the people listed below this video which gives you an overview of NCEA.
Remember: Make your own choices
Things to think about:
- What are you interested in?
- What are you good at?
- What do you enjoy?
- If you know what you want to do/study when you leave school - what subjects do they suggest?
Who can you talk to for advice?
- Parents and caregivers and other whanau
- School Deans (Mr G, Mr Darling)
- Your school's careers team (Brownie)
Find out as much information as you can about NCEA courses, the requirements for NCEA at each level, University Entrance requirements, approved subjects, careers, etc. by: www.ncea.govt.nz